19-21 February 2016 | Berlin, Germany
Daily schedules for sessions will be delivered on site. Some sessions will begin earlier than 10am (see schedule). All participants of the 3-day seminar will receive a signed certificate of participation in the Paramana course. Midwives and other professionals can also use this for their further education (“Weiterbildung”/”Fortbildung”). The symposium is also highly relevant to expectant parents and those in all health and research sectors involved in maternity or baby care or study.
German and English language interpreters will be available.
Please get in contact for childcare options.
Conception and Birth Mirroring One’s Biography
Dr. Michel Odent & Liliana Lammers
- The Physiology of Birth
- The Basics of Obstetrics
- The Use and the Consequences of Epidural ( PDA ) During Birth.
- Oxytocin and its Importance
- Birth, Understanding and Impact
- The Life in the Womb
- The Role of the Father
- The Role and Place of Midwifery- International Comparison
- The Work of a Doula, Attitude, Function, Being Prepared.
- How We Want to Be as Humans
What will be addressed:
– Wisdom from more than half a century of experience, observation, questioning, and introducing new global birth practices.
– Why understanding childbirth physiology is so vital to improving birth experiences.
– Where meditative care plays a key role
– The long term benefits and challenges of care practices
– The impact of the c-section on the evolution of our species
– What we can learn from birthing women’s instincts
– How to better support the needs of birthing women
– The importance of the role of care providers
– How to read signs in labor
– Pain management techniques
– The benefits of undisturbed birth
– Key research questions facing the future of childbirth
– What is vital to consider to have a more positive birth experience
– & much more!
* Some changes to the program may change according to the wishes of participants and contributors.
Friday – 19 February
Saturday – 20 February
Experienced midwives discuss the landscape of care options for birthing women in Germany and the implication on trends abroad.
Sunday – 21 February